Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stocking Holders




All around me, I've noticed moms holding on to random containers and turning them into things.
I did this one night when I made chili and looked at the cans. I washed them out and set them aside.

My sister was married this last October...and she has no Christmas decorations. I really brainstormed how I could make some for her, because I am not a buy at full price kinda girl!

Here's what I came up with:

I spray painted two cans with gloss black spray paint (she loves black & silver). Hot glued heavy river rocks in the inside for added weight. Hot glued black coat hooks ($3.06) and silver snowflake ornaments (4 for $1) to the front & back. To cover the top I hot glued some faux black leather. I think they turned out adorable. She loved them too! Two stocking holders for around $4!






No comments:

Post a Comment